Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kill the mainstream….!

Back then on my radio, I only have 2 favorite preset. But now I felt that they kept on playing the same old same old over n over again. I don’t know bout you, but I need a change. So I found out several new frequencies on the radio airwaves. Among them are my old time fav Red 104.9, Traxx fm and also Capital fm. I felt totally rejuvenated. Well basically, I luv something which is not over played on air. Imagine yesterday I heard the theme song of gaban was played on capital. I was like kewl…! Bahhahahhaaaa…..



Call me old skool, but songs from the Verve Pipe, Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors, Radiohead, Soul Asylum, Crash Test Dummies, Better Than Ezra, Third Eye Blind n stuff. I wish they played more 90’s alternative band. It’s ok to keep up to date with new bands and all. But music is an evolution through out the years. Now days its like its either too new tracks or too old like 60’s. Well that’s only rawking tunes.



Now tru R&B n Hiphop is another chapter. Name such as Sade, Angie Martinez, Talib Kweli, Styles, John Legend, Rasheeda, Lumidee, Petey Pablo, Gemma Fox, TQ, S-Word (Japanese), Nappy Roots, Kelis, Ginuwine , Fefe Dobson, The Roots, David Broom n such are great musician but not been recognized by people…. Bring back the days where rhyming is more bout trying to get tru life and not bout babes n blings.



And what about our very own indie and homegrown artist.. people like Yuna, Ana Raffali, Sundae, Bo, Brain head, Robot Asmara, Poetic Amno, Too Phat, PHLOWTRON, Teh Tarik Crew, Oh Chenta Ku, Paolo Delfino, Mia Palencia, Zee Avi (aka koko kaina), Estrella, Bunk Face and so much more. They had a good run all this years and I pray that they have a very good future in front of them.



Im goin far away from the main stream. But ill still keep in touch. Just that for now, its Long Live Indie and Non Mainstream..!.











No comments: