Sunday, October 12, 2008

YUNANATION @ LARGE

Today I went to KL PAC…last time I was here was with my “chair” and also my “sandal” (aina and nadya). Urbanscape 2008.. This time around its YUNA EP launch.. It started at 3, but arrived there kinda early.. So I hang around.. Manage to catch up with her during sound check.. Actually ngah sit down layan lagu and writing some lyric…Then she came by, ”hye….! awal nyer datang…?”, “just trying to get the best seat.. Thats all…” I said. Actually I wasn’t allowed to be in the set yet.

So I went down. Hang out for a while at the corridor down stairs.. Was working on my rhyme, tgk2 Aunty Anum (yuna’s mum) datang to me, kater “thanks for coming.. jaa dah dapat ticket lum..?” not being disrespectful, but I was memang ngah kusyuk tulis new emotions…so tak perasan orang langsung…usually that’s what I felt when I’m in trance.. It was nice meeting her mum.. I expect some familiar faces will be around to support yunn. Ngah lepak2 lagik, then dad dier lak datang. Aduh, I felt like segan lak. All 3 people of the family came and greet me. I’m just a fan…Thankz for having me around. Went up and terus beratur to get in.






It was really packed owkay…all 250 tickets sold out…mmg tak der chance larr nak selit2…even yuna pun gi beli sendiri tickets for her frends.. manage to get a hold of ½ a dozen of YUNA EP’s. Ramai yang pesan larr, what to do. Opening act from Sundae, Otam..eh2 apsal Paolo Delfino pun ader gak..? He sings nice tunes. Supporting fellow indie artist I suppose. Kewl…..



1st opening act: Sundae


  • When did I fall for you?
  • Fall for it
  • Hati
  • Hilang (kalau tak silap lah)


To tell you the truth, SUNDAE is really lay back tunes that sooth the ear. Apple had this Cool looking head gear on, while Bryan was banging d drum like no one bizznezz….! kewl.. last time I saw them was at la Voix’ de Femmes – Acoustic Nite @ the Annexe Central Market (25th May). Hope to see more of yall… but the only thing wuz tak dapat dengar sangat Anis and Apple nyer voice…tak clear sangat....as you know, Im more into lyric.. Wasn’t much crowd that time around. And people kinda blur with the act.. People! If you like lay back music, do check them out at:


http://www.myspace.com/sundaemy


Wanted to take some pictures with them actually. But segan lak.. Sorry, memang nak tegur korang. Tapi tercuak lak.. So just walk by.. next time may be..Fav song in that set is WHEN DID I FALL FOR YOU and also HILANG. Congrats SUNDAE…!






2nd opening act : OTAM

  • BOBA
  • Aku nak naik (dedicate to YUNA)
  • Pulau Perhentian
  • (tak ingat title)
  • Making new friend (that’s the theme)


If I’m not mistaken, he was part of the Urbanscape 2008 acoustic session. Otam voice was really deep…I really loved BOBA…That song really suit him the most…if yall interested, do check out:


http://www.myspace.com/otamandnovak



After a 15 min break, we were back. People there were a tad bit more massive. Now baru lah nampak 250 people around that area. Late comers I suppose.. yall mish out the bwest acts earlier on… Owh well, your lost..so the performance yall be wating for:


Main act: YUNA

  • Permission
  • Backpacking Around Europe
  • Dan Sebenarnya
  • After Midnight
  • Peer Pressure
  • Rockets
  • Missing Star
  • These Street
  • Blue Sand
  • Deeper Conversation (with violins – mcm Metallica S&M album lak)



The crowd was kinda new and tak giler2 sangat…ntah semuer2 macam control jerk.. biaser larr. I was like them too back then. If you were wondering which one was me, I was at the back sitting leaning to the wall and singing to every each of YUNA’s song.. I must say, tho we knew each other way back when. But I never notice she such a sad person. I don’t know, its how I interpret it. Lovin the lyric anyway..its like :


It’s not her face, that made me smile,

Nor that angelic voice, that made me wild,

But the pain she through, adding to a pile,

A never ending storm, as long as the Nile,

-jaa-


*sempat lak nak letak own rhyme kat sini*






Actually when I gat the EP mcm kinda disappointed gak larr. Cuz banyak lagu lamer. But the quality sound of the EP is 10x better than the DEMO. Obviously…Both ada strength. Demo would be nice if your into acoustic session. Her EP is like the finish product.. They said they work a total of 2 months on the EP. A good job well done. Owh we all got goodie bag.. consist of 1 EP, I mineral water and also 1 cup cake wit the word yuna on it..

http://www.myspace.com/yunaroomrecords



Kalau Sundae wat EP launch ader dapat ice cream sundae tak? Ill wait for their EP at least. Ana Raffali nyer ker, Mia pelencia ker. Paolo Delfino nyer tak sempat rembat larr… hrmmm….owh well, may be someother time..My adek still wating for KOKO Kaina nyer album. She’s singed under Jack Johnson kan adek..? Malaysian nevertheless. So I urge all Malaysian, dunt care who is your state ruling party.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ACTS.


If not you might lose it to foreign producers and labels. Tak larr. if people outside this country could appreciate it, why shouldn’t we..? thankz too yuna and bandmates, otam and SUNDAE…what a perfect Sunday afternoon… a total of 420 YUNA's EP was sold that day alone (250 that came and additional of 170 ep's sold seperately). I'll say its a great sucsess...








No comments: