Wednesday, October 8, 2008

TUTUP MULUT...Sepak kang baru tahu….(in a laughing manner)

Never heard that from my mum before… But that what she said recently. Why would she say such thing if you may ask…?? I was practically yawning like Simba from the Lion King 2…that’s why.. hahahaa….totally my fault. SORRY…..!


So today I gonna tell yah bout my mum. Nickname, aunty rock (Rokiah Hashim)..Born in Kepala Batas, Penang raised in Ipoh Perak and currently stays in Kajang…at least that what I was told. Unless there’s something under the radar.. She is at the borderline of retirement. She is not that young ok. If you ask me, my mum will always be 45. But in real life, she is 55 (for all disbeliever, please check her ID card number or the nearest Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara). A performing arts graduate from USM. Travel to many places, on working and non working environment. She’s like electricity.. She’ll be the power to make you realized, wake you up and face the current situation.


Admire her a lot.. As a single mother, she still can manage things around her life without difficulties. We all have our share of the problems, who doesn’t? Yet the more she faces with it, the more she became close to GOD…no matter how much she is being tested, she still be holding it down for all of us. Gave birth to two awesomely good looking prince (well at least JJ is – johan jasril, elder bro - Im not) and raised them well enough to know a thing or two about life…




She reads a lot…back in the days when I was small, she would buy tons of newspaper. (B. Harian, Utusan, NST, Star, Metro / Malay Mail). Yeah…at least 5 newspapers per day…can you imagine how much reading she does..? If possible she would read the Chinese and also Tamil papers too if she knew the language. Thank god she didn’t. Saturday and Sunday are reserved for the papers only.. No distraction please. Me as a kid, ill always took time to read the comics section from every newspaper.. Cool..! Comic strips… With the power of internet, now days she would no longer waste trees but still gain as much or more knowledge from all her reading. Less paper for me to sell to the recycle guy which comes around.. hrmmmmm…..


She got this obsession on sun glasses…big huge sunglasses (cover the eyebrows at least). Ever since I knew her.. No wonder me and my brother are shades maniac too.. Apparently, large sunglasses could make you younger. When age caught up with you, wrinkle will start to happen around your eyes cause we squint when there’s the sun.. so large sunglasses happen to help your orbicularis occuli (muscle around your eyes) relax and make it look much younger. Well that’s part of her secret of why is she doesn’t look her age.


The other secret is she tend to laugh a lot…but with substance please.. no silly jokes. She very much appreciate intellectual stuff.. She is so into movies.. not blockbusters, more to indie and artful directed film.. that explain why Im like that too…adoi…..! She is very particular of her surrounding. She can remember license plate, word you use to describe something, what colors of t shirt you wear…that’s what you get when you train your brain to absorb knowledge and details.


She been blogging too..this makcik knows how to blog ok...not an expert in it, but a blogger indeed. though she started blogging much later than me, but her total number of post is already over took mine...fill with poem, articles and many more. well basically im chip of the old block...that's why i write rhyme. tho she never teach me how to write poetry..since her specialty is in Malay, mine is in English. anyway, heres the link to it if you want to check it out.




to mummy,


Thanks for bringing me up to be who i am now...couldn't have achieve half of the things i am, without your drive and spirit...your moral support made me a better man. i don't think i am worthy to be called your son as i have done many things that disappoint you. but still i try to better my self so i could reach your expectation. but please bare in mind that I'm still a human being that also have feelings and need time to change. I support all of your decision in life. As without you, im nothing to begin with. Love you 4ever mummy..

-jaA-

1 comment:

Siti Ruqaiyah Hashim said...

From your wacky mum,

Son, you are the jewel in my life and you know that very well. But somehow I feel sad when you said you are yet to fill up my expectations. Please dont, bcos I merely want to help you to realize your potentials, not to fill up my expectations. I'll accept you for what you are, no matter what. But its my duty to help and guide you in life whenever I feel you need one. Tq for the wonderful son you had been! Sorry for the little accident you had when you just started to walk.

Your mum.