Friday, July 10, 2009

the difference between me and you

Almost everyone around us crave to be different. We yearn to have our own style, personalities, flavor, and a very own special touch. Difference of hairstyle, clothes, hand phones, likes and dislike and also thought of mind. I once heard of a story about my friend who went to this dinner and then went straight back home because there was another girl wearing the same dress she was wearing. The power of perception. But till what extend..? Do we dare to change ourselves so much? People are afraid of changes. Away from the comfort zone. Of cause there always a rebel without a cause inside each and every one of us that wants to make a statement. But with minds of peoples that surround us and also peer pressure, we dare not.

Kanye once said, “get use to being used” in his book of quotes called
-thank you and your welcome-


To me, I dare myself to be different. So what I didn’t watch certain action packed movies. For what purpose.? Just because everyone is doing it, so I should join in? I’m afraid not. I’m no longer scared being left behind of the bandwagon fallacies. I enjoy indie, I enjoy isolation, performing art, the simple things in life.

You yourself are an art.
It’s up to you to make it a flop or a masterpiece
-j@a-

Dare to be different?

1 comment:

daijoubu said...

different ? individual i believe.. :)
人間はそれぞれです。。