Sunday, July 5, 2009

Acoustic Night by Rantai Art

I was really in luck yesterday. It was my day off and as usual, I check out some indie band Myspace page. Just to check new music. As you can see, I just updated my hyperlink to their web on your top right hand side. All the sudden I saw this poster.


An acoustic gig by Rantai Art..? owh mann, its been along time since I’ve been to one. I suppose I went off my roots for a while. That’s why I immediately call them up just to check out the venue as I wasn’t very sure bout the place. Try to get people to come along with me. Usually I don’t do that. Because not much would appreciate it, but I gave a try. Since it’s a last minute invite, people decline as they have other plan ahead to spend their weekend time with family and friends. Went off late as I reach there around 8.05pm. The gig supposes to start at 7 but they delayed it for Magrib prayers. That’s thoughtful. Even the last Rantai event I went at the annex theater also they stop the show. As the act of respect.


It started off by a poetry recital by a new comer named Edan. I forgot the title but it sound something like “anak cacing nak jadi anak naga” something like that I suppose. Sorry if I get it wrong. The flow and word choice is rather interesting as it uses “kata ganti nama ketiga” to describe a person and the thing they do. That’s a challenge. Off text . Everything in the mind. I suppose he is really into what’s he was writing. Awsome. Congrats man.

Second performance is none other than Otam. Part of the reason I went to the gig for. Last I saw him was at Yuna Ep launch and also Urbanscape 2008. Deep soulful voice. More like a jazz blues African American tone. Ala-ala Louis Armstrong pun ada jugak. But never the less, its mindblowing. Track that he brought last night are as below:
· Ku telan rasa
· Bulan sabit (no title yet actually)
· Boba
· *jamming session with Sarita
· Pulau Perhentian


Third performance was Sarita. Her sound was something like a sniff of an morning summer rose if I would say. Very soft, pure and delicate sound. A new comer indeed, and sad to say I never seen her perform before. What a shame. Such talent. Accompany by paan/faan (mann I need to search them up on mysapce before I post it up)
· You and Me
· Mimpi
· You
· Who you (not sure if this is what she said)
· Kangen

Inbetween the act, Faan perform a very country sound like song call Sunrise.

Kit/ Night lights which is heavily drawn to the sound of Bob Dylan gave us his sample of Whisper Coma, Right Backwards and Sunshine. A totally different feel all together. Not saying it’s not good, as the word a packed with deep meaning and style.

Have to go back after that as I was meeting some friends later on. The boutique /studio were awesome. Painting on the wall was jaw dropping. Someone who owns the place must be a photographer. I might drop by to check what’s new. BTYL

1 comment:

ina said...

oooo...tak ajak.... =p ajak org laen.... =p