Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stories Upon Raya

· That night before I went down to Ipoh, manage to spent tons of time eating with my gym collogues and also the kruk-kruk crew. I had food at uptown and also the 2nd best nasi lemak stall around lembah kelang (sources by: Udin. found out at some blog) It is nasi lemak Taman SEA aka nasi lemak ‘BABI’. Didn’t really understand why it was called that till we went there. Don’t worry people, it’s a halal mamak stall. Phewh…. Apparently it was Emi’s aka bosh b’day. She just got back from down under. Manage to give her a scare when her door side can only be open from the outside. So we treathen her with eggs and flour. She said we are too nice to do such thing. But then again, who ever said we were..? At last she hits the big 20.. Abg Din send a 21st bday wish to her. A year early lah Abg Din oi…!

· As usual, I wasn’t a fan of going back to kampung. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not because of the environment, but only because of the temperature. I have sinus which only occur in the morning, but I’m bucking up my immune system as much as possible. And as you know, Manjoi is in Ipoh, Perak. It’s a tin mine area. They don’t call in Perak (Silver State) for nothing. So night time, the thermometer is really gonna drop down as the afternoon feels like your on top of the frying pan. I had a room all to myself (because I’m special. Hahahhaha…), so decided to switch off the fan. I don’t care if I got bitten alive by mosquito. That raya morning, only manage to do hari raya prayers by the staircase of the mosque. As they had no water, and the nearest water source was lined up with a very long q. So ended up I was abit late. Had my bandana as my sejadah. Better late than never.

· After raya Manjoi, me, and two of my cousin (Ayi and Sidd) went around Ipoh town. Actually we want to get something to drink (we be burning), so I drove them around and went to the Ipoh Taxi stand. Where the legendary Popiah S.S.Ali was established. Right after that bonding session we went back. Just about to settle down, Sidd ask us to go get some food. As we were too bored staying at the house. So ikot je larr…. Then we went tru this auto carwash which only cost RM 4. I was like, whuuuttt…?! And imagine this, he be playing this oldie cd which has the song of Elvis, Beatles, Lionel Richie, George Michael and such. Since its oldies love song most of us know the lyric and the car became like a small karaoke box if you ask me. Singing the song of ‘careless whisper’ and ‘hello’. Where everyone was out of pitch and literally screaming on the top of our lungs. Memang bosan sangat kowt. But we had fun.

Sidd karaoke session

· The next morning, me and ashyu (my Mak SU) went out to get some breakfast and newspaper. 2nd hari raya and only 2 mamak shop are open. Obviously we went to our favorite of cause. We had some and wanted to tapau for everyone back home. All they said was,’duduk dulu’. So we place our request. Then when we wanted to mention about whats for tapau, the mamak said ‘makan dulu’. Was abit weird, why they kept on pushing it back later. Of cause who would want to work on 2nd hari raya morning. All their face looked grumpy. As we finish our food and want to order for tapau, they said that tosai is out of stock. Several customer was given the same treatment. So all hell broke loose. Mannn…. Kewl raya..

· Later that night, we went to Tambun for food and football. As I’ve promise Sha2 (form 5 cousin) and also Ica (form 3 niece) to go drive them to shopping. Sha2 wants to get a new phone and also a pair of raya shoes. Sidd suppose to come along, but bail out the very last min (Man U vs Man CT). We went down right after that game. And all we had was around 45min to get there and to make the best out of it. So went to Parade, try out some shoes and bought it. Sha2, bought this gladiator strap shoes for raya. I suppose shes going to war. SPM kowt.. hahhahahhahaa….


Sha2 & Alica


· Ashyu and also Kak Zany (my cousin) went to Kuala Kangsar to meet up their friends. All they got was ½ of an address (house number and taman). So they went all out being adventures to find that particular place. As they reach there, they stumble into one mid 30’s Aci who was riding a bike. They stop her though she had already passed by. Immediately she came back making a u turn. They ask for direction. She wasn’t really sure her self, so she asks a stall keeper near by. After all that camotion, she decided to lead them to the place. As if she is going the same place too. Hrmmmm… She was riding a chopper bike. So imagine this. They come across a STEEP hill, so the aci went full straight ahead full throttle as they follow her with their Toyota Vios. That’s a sight for sore eyes. Then my cousin asks my aunty to go down and help her push the bike together. After they overtook her, they said thanks and try to offer her some hacks. Of all the things…? Hehhehehee…. Then they meet up a mamak shop which had the sponsor logo of the Lions Club (Chinese) up ahead after the hill. The landmark that were given were very vague. Manage to find the place, which was actually a shop lot where there people playing pool and such. Now that’s 1 Malaysia.

· After the 1st raya, I had no more craving for food. As everything was either with coconut milk, or high in spices. Where’s the vege people…? Owh dear, no wonder our weight kept on going up with tons of health complications. None of us is taking care bout food intake. Thank god I got Ashyu around to team up on fitness and health. Occasionally, we would have our classic mee goring mamak kering just before we head back to KL. Just to reward our strict diet.

(me, mummy and also ashyu)


Ps:
These are only highlights of what happen from my point of view. Its one of the better version of raya. Tho not all of us were around but still, we had fun and tons of laughter. Sorry is some of the story is a not that accurate. Still waiting so pic from others of the familia. Slmt hari raya n maaf zahir batin…!

4 comments:

kupukupu said...

Me loving it....:) Suasana hari Raya betul..=))

ina said...

what a long story!!!
i had fun too at my kampung...
ei..i duk perak tau..kat ulu kinta..dont u noe??

simply j@a said...

heelleh...
tak bagi tau pun...
tak gi rayer maner2 pun actually...
bahhahahahha....
sungguh anti social..

ina said...

but i tak raya kat perak..
of course my hometown kat johor...
my parents je currently staying in perak..kerja....
*ala..kalau bagitau pon nak datang ke?? =p