Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sir, sir I’m ECR certified!

Last Tuesday me and yat went for a further upgrading. We went to a CPR and First Aid course in FIT Asia @ Damansara Perdana. I initial exposure to CPR was years ago. Back then it was 2 rescue breath and 15 compressions. I even got the chance to perform it to a suffocating victim. Manage to rescue that person, and the last time I’ve check the person was still alive.
Every 2 years there’s new method. The updated version would be 2breath and 30 compressions for a single cycle. Weii……! Its like doing cardio man. Tempo would be like 100 beat per min. LAJU kowt….! Arghhh……Stephanie Chok (my senior during freshmen years in varsity) was the one conducting. Knowing that, I would expect that I’m not gonna be given a special treatment. The more I gotta be on my toes and such.

During training theres a lot of mess up that we heard. Among them were
Student: “you red t-shirt, called 911”
Facilitator: “ hey, 911 tuh Amerika larr. Malaysia 999”

Student: “sir, sir, are you ok? Im ______, im ECR certified.
Facilitator: CPR lar, ECR bukan warning letter ker…?
Student: While doing Compression “ 7, 8 , 9, 10, 23, 24, 25”
Facilitator: alamak….bukan sajer CPR kener aja, mengira pun keener ajar jugak. Terus lompat 23 pulak.

Steph is a Sarawakian. So go figure…..


All these people are qualified, just that they were too nervous that they tend to mess it up abit. But its never failed to put a lil laughter in our session. I was one of the people that did the practical exam in one go. No retakes. But bealive me though I had experience, my heart beat was pounding faster than usual. But manage to control my nerves. Bought the CPR tool kit. Just in case. What’s the point of getting certified but you cant perform it because inadequate of instrument. Yeay, proud to say that, “I’m CPR certified”…..

No comments: