Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Decorating Yunanation

Last weekend was the grand premier of Yuna’s first album launch at the best performing arts center KLPac. I suppose it’s the place where people start to know about her since Urbanscape 2008. It was a two day launch. We manage to go on Saturday as most of us haven’t really prepared to go on Friday.Its Yuna Decorate - Album launch, our very own local uprising artist. She and the band won so many awards already. Its about time she come out with a full album. Sure it’s gonna be great. I manage to rope in 8 people in total. More the merrier I suppose. We got Ara and cous, Emi, Udin, Art, Sharon and bf and me. Earlier on Thursday, I manage to go and take the tickets at I am jet fuel from Wawa. She got us the best seats around. Wicked…. I saw 1 of the long lost album sold over there in I'm jet fuel. Its ’ Oh Chenta Ku’. ill be getting that, one of these days.

Right after night fall, I gather around the troops and headed there. We tot it was at 830pm. As I saw it somewhere on the net or something that it was at 8.30. But then again, it was actually at 9pm. Memang dah terpang-pang kowt kat ticket. sorry people. I suppose they gave us buffer time to be late. Plenty of people that came around. The pentas 1 auditorium was packed. We manage to meet up aunty and uncle there. Aside from that I met up my bowling student amira balqis, yazid and gf and also cel. Wow, never tot that they are all yuna's fan too. At the foyer, there was cd and t-shirt for sale, Macbeth shoes on display. All of her sponsors. She and the band made it big. Congrats.

Hunny Madu was emceeing the event. And you know how she bring the show down... full with energy, passion, fun. And I just realized she is freakingly tall. I never know that. Here ar the list of song that was brought to the table.


1st set
Someone out of town
Gadis semasa
Rocket
Permission
Super something
Greek goddess
Sparkle


2nd set
Fireworks
Dan sebenarnya
These streets
Penakut
Coffee
Cinta sempurna
Random awesome



To me its like a sing along session. As I know the lyric by heart. Don't get me wrong, this is my type of lyric and songs. Deep truthful lyric. That is what makes her stand out among the crowd. Some new song was in the showcase, but it was nice that theres new material on the album. Of cause I always love permission and also these streets. While the others are still good and refreshing.


Ara and cous went down and line up for the autograph session. siap bawak guitar lagik tuh tuk sign.. hehehheee.... We hang in with her for awhile before we went back. We haven't had dinner yet. Perut pun dah buat ochestra. So we bail out the scene. It was a great outing if you ask me. To hang with friends enjoying a gig. Congrats to the band, support staff and family. It was a success. Hoping for the best in the future. Thanks for the experience. Majulah indie untuk negara.


Ps: thanks for granting the permission to use these streets. peace...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a jolly womderful time with all of you. :)And the show was super awesome! Rawak gempak! hehe..

Ara