Monday, June 29, 2009

My Urban Escape (Urbancsape 09)

Last year me, Aina and Nadya went to this event at KLPAC. And we said to our self
wouldn’t it be wonderful if it’s a yearly basis..?”

Guess what? It did.. Our prayer was fulfilled. Though both of diamonds in the ruff have to bail out cause to some unforeseen circumstances. Really wish you both (my sandal and sweepy) can be around. But this is real life, we got other priority to handle. I could understand. No hard feelings. So it was me, Anis, Ayuni and also Kira (a wild card). Yeah they are kids. So what..they were a handful of sports. They go their way, as I’m meeting friends there too. Manage to meet up with, davi and friend, shegra, e-nol kajang and etc. Small world we living in.



This year around it was bigger. As usual, the heat wave got the best of it. The open carpark near the complex is turn into a long bazaar. Mann… too much to see and too lil time to cover. As usual, I did the same trick like last year. As we arrived, we straight away headed to the Cinescape for a movie. Before that people from kukubesi.com wanted to take our pic. For their website. Rather interesting name. it’s a rebellious style of photography which is very unorthodox. Meet up with Paolo Delfino and Reza Salleh (I guess). Took some time to talk to Paolo just to see how’s he doing. He was shocked I knew him. At first I wasn’t sure, but seen he has the red tag on his wrist, for sure he’s an artist. No harm asking right.? Didn’t manage to get his EP tho. So we exchange business card and off to what we were doing having a blast at Urbanscape.

Manage to catch ‘Gadoh’ a indie film by Brendan Danker and Namron.. About how teenagers of a racist school come along together embracing the darkness of life by the play with the help of the teacher who is into theater. As a line in the movies goes something like. Hope I get it right.
kita bukan jahat. cuma sesat, didalam kegelapan


The art work this time is good. I can’t compare to last year as its not fair. Each year got their own strength and weakness. This year around I just got to get the t-shirts. 2urbanscape but no memorables? I think not. Send back my sling beg as its too hot. I left them wonder around the bazaar. As I was walking back to the car (for heaven sake it’s super far, near the abandon building) I heard someone calling me up twice. Owh it was alis aka YUNA. She said "going off so soon..?" as I express my disappointment with the media for making such statement about her and the bandmates. They reported that she gave reason of her uncle just pass away to escape a photoshoot. Come on people. How low can you go to get deadlines..? I confirm with her and the parents later on at the show that it never happened. Things people do.


After prayers and lunch, we went touring around KLPac and took some pic. The street performance was hilarious. Mightymouse and such. Imagine this, the scene was a pregnant malay lady is giving a birth on an LRT, and theres a English Doctor on board and by his side a translator, so that the lady get what the doc is trying to say. Of cause all this if you direct translate it would sound funny. Like the verse ‘god save the Queen’ says the doctor. So the translator goes and say, ‘tuhan selamatkan permaisuri’. Yeah I know, its not applicable to us.

Mainstage, we got Pop Shuvit . who rawk the crowd like no ones biznezz..! they are off the hook.As ive seen them live, I can proud to say that Malaysian Rawker Rulez…! The front man even mosh pit right in the middle of the pit (group of people upfront stage). They cant stay long as they have another gig in Melaka. Of all the places. Hahhahaaa….NVMD


Yuna was next, the crowd went wild. Davi was there just to see her. Wow..Yuna the Band are now ” Batu Bintang!” (rock star). Congrats to yunn, pa’an, efry and adil. New song Hero was ite. Still need to understand the lyric to appreciate it. But as an overview, its good.

Went home after a very long day. Tired but worth it. I wonder what they have in store next year..? hrmmm care to join..?

ps: last year review was pick up by urbanscape. thats awsome.

http://jaahat.blogspot.com/2008/06/urbanscapes-2008-kl-pac.html

2 comments:

daijoubu said...

finally..my name is in :)

fizah said...

argh i missed it!!compensated it by watchin siti performed at IB dat nite..huhu 2 different piece of art i must say..thanx 4 de review..xnk melalak dh tlepas gig haha..so next yr la join u n ur bdak2 skali=p