Tuesday, June 16, 2009

hip hop hooray

As you would know, hip hop has brings me the way I am now. Basically I’m so much influence with the song, lyric, culture, slang and swagger, and also thought of mind. If any of you read my compilation of rhyme, you would say my rhyme in the early days are more leaning to freestyling. So many times I’ve been mistaken as a foreigner instead of Malay due to my skin tone. There was a time that I was in a surau, and this malay guy asked me “are you a muslim?”. I was like “yeah…” hahaaa…. I must admit, back in the days I tend to dress up all hip hop ish. I even have my bedroom wall spray paint with graffiti design and wording. So sorry if I don’t look Malay enough for you. Don’t blame me, I’m simply REMIXed.



Recently I was blasting this old cd of mine. Someone realized the mix and asked whos cd is this tracks belong to. They directed her to me. Her name is Mary a Chinese girl who loves hiphop. I was flattered that they are still some people who like old skool flava. Among the playlist was this RnB tracks:


Calvin Richardson – I got to move

Montel Jordan – get it on tonight

Ruffendz – no more

Donell Jones feat lisa left eye lopes – you know what’s up

Naughty by nature – jamboree

Xavier - crazy


I must admit the truth that she was saying. We were discussing that now days hiphop tracks are too funky that the beat don’t match the lyrics. Too much influence with dance and pop. Lets go back to the old skool where the rhyming are strong and the beat is not as complicated. Simple and people listen to what the rappers got to say. Artist such as 2pac, DMX, Ludacris, Talib Kweli, Snoop Dogg, RuN DMC, Mos def, baby bird man, mary j bilge, Ginuwine, busta rhyme, dialated people, tq, keith sweat, jahiem, fabolous, and the list go on. Usually Malaysian market don’t really support the hiphop industry. Only pop and dance is the in thing over here. So its kinda hard to get cd and album.


Just got back from the Simply Street dance off challenge in the place use to be known as cineleisure they even did graffiti design at the main entrance. That was awesomely wicked yall. If I’m not mistaken, my wall designer Hafis ‘Kartun’ was there too doing the wall. Wasn’t really sure but still it nice.


1 comment:

Johara said...

Jaa.. I think it's Javier lah! And i absolutely LOVE that song, Crazy! :)