Sunday, November 15, 2009

Splish Splash

Just gat back from this small lil gig. It’s for the Kiwanis Charity Extravaganza which was called “Splash of Splendour”. Kiwanis International deals with kids who has Autism, Down Syndrome, Cebral Palsy, Attention Deficit Disorder and etc. this year around, the Kiwanis Malaysia is doing a fashion show where in the end the clothes are going to be auction for charity purpose. Among the designer are Alin Anuar Chantiq Skaly House of Kebaya, Ed Hardy and also Jedan & Sofia Iman. So its 3 piece set all together. I was asked to walk for Sofia Iman. Yes people, it’s a runway show. So I have to dress up by the designer and model for them in front of hundreds of people. My outfit was a simple yet elegant light blue shirt. I did the fitting on Thursday. Match up with a pair of black jeans and also loafers. Got plenty of time to get it done right.


As I arrived at Prince Hotel & Residence, I was really pumped out to nail this thru. I once did photo shoot before, but never runway show. So was a bit nervous as we assemble around 730AM…! That is so freaking early in the morning. Had our rehearsal, and found out that Ed Hardy is short of 1 male model. Guess what, they ask me to go twice. One is for Ed Hardy and right after that for Sofia Iman’s. Only 15min gap in between those two showcase. Talking bout time crunch. I don’t mind that at all as that gonna give me more experience. Plus it’s for charity. How often I do that? I envy seeing my clients working with charity (Davi - Wishing Well Foundation & Nicholas - Malaysia AIDS Organisation).


2nd set - Ed Hardy by Christian Audigler

“An internationally recognized fashion brand known for it’s trendy style combine with cutting edge, distinct tattoo art”

Woaw… that was the first impression of me seeing what I have to wear. Thank god it fits me pretty good. All I had to wear are a pair of camo ¾ shorts, black singlet which bear the words “love kills slowly”, a cool funky cap and also belt. Fail to realized what I had on was auction at RM1,695 in total. And that’s at a discounted price. Shoot…..!! Some of the models would say, “you got 2 grand on u, go run away mann…!” Got 10 piece all together and I was number 5. All we got to do is, walk promote the clothes and freestyle. Be funky and fun. That’s the theme, I guess. Surprisingly, I did shoulder and arms on Thursday and Friday. I wasn’t supposed to be wearing Ed Hardy, but the singlet suit pretty well. Bahhahhaaa… Vain, I know… don’t blame me for the accessories. The designer just put it on me, I simply following orders. With the background music “I like the way you move” we really had fun out of it.


3rd set – Jedan & Sofia Iman

Jedan ‘s contemporary kurungs, kebaya and coordinates never fail to makes heads turn at social events or function. While designer Sofia Iman concentrate more on the guys side of fashion. They are two different designers, just share the same stage.


Right after that Ed Hardy set is done, I took off those shoes and run all the way too the dressing room which was like the other side of the world or something. I changed to my last outfit immediately but didn’t manage to fix my hair. The sprint was a breath of fresh air. Just luv to keep my heart pumping fast. My manager Zaharah said “mess up your hair, then you good to go”. At this 3rd and last set, I was number 9. Got plenty of time to take a lil breather. The music is totally tone down, so I really need to change the mood and emotion to suit the designer’s clothing. Hope I didn’t mess that one up. trying to be versatile.


That’s pretty much what happen on my Saturday. Hectic as we finish at 430pm. That’s along time to get by. Was really starving, so we went to the “no Manners table “ with Chia, Faisal, Ezan(queen of no manners), ben ibrahim (the host) and zahara. Food galore people. The meatballs was fantastic. Made plenty of friends, but less picture. Big shoutout to Audrey who got me into this gig. Veronica and Zaharah from XZTLY! for making it happen. Great stuff people. Don’t mind to do it again. Pic please if yall have any. I hope you models could tag me up on facebook or something. Please and thank yous…!

3 comments:

shana said...

I'm really proud of you :-)

veronneca said...

you did GREAT! I'm amazed that this was your first shot at runway modelling.
xoxo
Veronica & all of us at xztly!

N.D.S said...

envy? hmm... u have been in this charity work earlier before you even realised it...Jaa, it was YOU who named it Wishing Well Foundation :) THANKSSSSSS.. (only that I changed it to programme coz... foundation tooo huge for me..) Jaa.. big applause to u, u are one of the pioneer people in Wishing Well Programm :)