Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Artsy Me

People been wondering where does my artsy flare came about. It’s a really funny story actually. Even I was surprised where the heck that it came from.




As during my childhood life, I was so into military. Had an ambition to become a solider those days. When I was in high school, I was in the army cadets. That’s where I got my discipline I suppose. During junior high, I was into accounts and numbers. Not much push there. But it was nice dealing with numbers and getting it all balanced up. Then later at varsity time I was into sports and also science… but that time around I’ve start being close with art. Start having a self expression and had my wall filled with graffiti.




Background wise, my mum is a writer. She wrote poetry, use to act in theater and have a taste in cinematography. She was a theater and drama graduate. My dad on the other hand was a painter. He draws with pencil and even paint sometimes. he has that much of patience in those details.




Regardless of my mom and dad background skills, none of them ever taught me about arts. They just encourage me to my likings. I suppose it’s just contagious. Where ever you are and the environment that you live in, makes you who mould you inside.




Aside from that, I got tons some friends and adk2 that got skills. Such as aina, the musically incline. And tyka the visual master in photography and also drawing, udin the pure blood rocker, i-sha the modern architect.. mannn, with all these talents, I suppose that’s where I evolve.




Might not be good or great. But at least a flare in arts indeed. I appreciate poetry, acoustic song, modern art painting, architecture performing arts and such. I suppose it’s because it’s a way of self expression that’s has depth and raw. To me theres three thing that I appreciate in life, brains/knowledge, skills/talent and finally, my attention.

No comments: