Sunday, March 21, 2010

Deklamasi puisi di ABC

Last night I went and fetch mummy from KL Sentral. She just got back from Ipoh. One of my aunty was seriously ill and later passed away yesterday morning due to the spread of breast cancer(Al- Fatihah). As we were reminiscing all the time we were there for them, each one of us wrote a sad but beautiful rhyme for my aunty and their love ones that was left behind. Four grown up princesses, which I haven’t seen for quite a while. Glad that I went back to Ipoh last Tuesday. Didn’t get the chance to see Mami Nor, but manage to catch up with Ayuni (the eldest) instead.

So there was the two us, eating dinner at a restaurant nearby. So I’ve updated her on my latest writings. I read her my latest rhyme ‘As for now’. While listening to me, she took out a note pad and start writing. Talking bout struck by inspiration. It’s really important to jot down what ever that comes to your mind at any particular time. I usually use my cellphone to keep track with ideas. Or maybe title even.

Below is the puisi that mummy wrote:

Keberangkatan Pulang
(untuk ayuni, najwa, hidayah dan azlina)

Tiba-tiba,
kita jadi dua manusia asing,
dan aku hampir
tak mengenali mu
disebalik topeng hayat itu
sempat ku sapa
sepasang mata mu yang lesu
dan di pucat wajah
walau ku pasti
kau tak mengetahui kehadiran ku

Nor
hari ini tamatlah derita mu
tamatlah kembara itu
di tanah gersang
di malam tak berbintang
di lembah tanpa kasih sayang
dan dalam rasa berdosa ini
aku merasa lega
kerna Dia akan menyambut mu
di bumi syuhada
Al-fatihah

(Ipoh 20hb March 2010 by siti ruqaiyah hashim)


This truly reminds me of the Lepak Café in kelana mall or Gravy Baby in Sri Kembangan. Cafés which features live acts by indie artist / bands or even poets. Great place for art lovers. Sharing a simple common interest. Mummy always tell me, ‘you as a writer. Just go write what’s close to the heart. Not what you want to think that you want to write.’ Apparently my flare is mostly towards angst and sorrow. I’m not always in that state of mind, bealive me.

“You don’t choose destiny, it chooses you”

No comments: