Sunday, September 12, 2010

this year rawye..!

It’s a bit different this year around. We basically left Kajang right after raya prayers. Usually we went back on eve or several days before. Basically, I only got to Friday and Saturday off only. Though I did asked for Thursday off too. So this year is kinda different pattern. After beraya at home, we went off to prayers. I met up with Hambali on the way back. My friend back in high school. The wife is expecting a 2nd child due in the several month times. Congrats man. Around 1030, we left to Epoh.

Since we won’t be back for a long time, we travel light. Really really light. We drove back mightymarques. I got work on Sunday. So going back home town for a while would be good enough. I just want to see my cousins and nieces. . Even if I got the chance to hang with them just for a while. That’s all I asked for this raya. Didn’t get any new clothes for this year around. It bothered me for a while, but then again who cares. I didn’t even got the chance to go shopping anyway..

Reached epoh around 2.30pm. Straight away we went to arwah tok grave, to pay our respect. The back road, has clear up really good. Its so much nearer to get there now. As we reached lorong long jaffar, sidd was about to leave. Apparently he got to go for work today. Since joe came with us back, sid gave us a ride on his turbo charge Mivec. Owh mann, its so fast.. then he is off to work. Maybe later we will drop by and see how he is doing.

As we arrived there, everyone is already in a lentok mode. I was still hyper since I wasn’t driving. Fail to realized that 1st shawal was on Friday. No wonder they aint much people around. Its prayer time. Hahhahaha….. it’s all good. Had some food. Tho I do miss my rendang tok and also kuih sarang semut. Well basically the rendang is me and mak cak project, and the kuih sarang semut was always been arwah mami nor and girls specialty. So I just have to live without having those anymore. With the lost of arwah tok and mami nor, maybe that would be the reason that it aint the same anymore. I mish both of them and all my long lost cousin. Hope you are doing good where ever you are. Al-fatihah.

Later that nite, we went to Giant at Tambun. Sidd is working there as one of the supervisor or something at one of the fast food outlet. At first there were 9 of us in total. Then the typhoon and twister brothers came in (those lil hyper active kids) and additional 3 kids all together. Took plenty of pictures just like last year. My neice is also a camwhore just like me. It runs in the family. We missed out Alicia for some reason. But other than that, its kewl..


While waiting for sidd to finish work, we hang out in Tambun for a while. Watch some dvd of 300 and such. Then sidd came in. we went back to manjoi to send sha2 and atirah. After that, we went out for a ride. They were talking automobile and such. On the way back, they gave me the chance to drive the mivec. I got to be honest, it was my first time. with the short clutch and the bucket seat, its scarry. But at least I manage to reached home without killing the engine. Cuz it’s a racing clutch.

Though we missed out abg boi and also abg ayi’s family, but it was an ok raya if you asked me. Better than celebrating it while working rite? Just like my promise to my lil cousin and niece. I didn’t change rite..? hope to see yall again. At least my cautious is clear. Did my duty as a son, nephew and uncle.

No comments: