Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rawr-yaaa...!


it was a hectic raya recently. for once Wes force me to go back hometown tho i have like 8300 things to do. took my AL earlier as most of my staff was on leave the week after raya. fair enough. they have been working hard. so i drove back to Epoh , Silver State on Wednesday night 12 midnight. going back that time around was cooling and also cuz its ramadhan, so traveling night time we could always stop fro break and sahur and such. plus theres a discount on toll if you did during that time of traveling to distribute the traffic.

as most of my cousin and siblings arent around yet, i got tons of things done and dusted. start off with unhooking the curtains (late grandmum always wait for me to come back as she could use my height. miss her), unrolling the carpets, raya lighting decorations (where i almost got electrocuted by cutting a live plugged wire cable, SMART..!). then also with the food preparations. as only my mum and me were around, i was busy handeling the ketupat wrapping. all 112 of them (yes i counted)




in between those time, i still manage to get some workout done actually. went to the famous Taman D.R. and hooked my TRX and twist smart toner and did a circuit HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) in the afternoon just before iftar. and instead of jogging back to by car, ive slow down a pace and lunge my way back. me leg were screaming lassies.... arghhhh.........!


did went to chill out and did some writing. something inspiring struck my mind. cant simply let it be right? its hard to get good healthy food around so i ended up going out and find me something to eat. imagine the whole of raya no vege dish at all. cant have that... so start taking lot and lot and lot of liquid lassies and yogurt... but i did lay losse here and there.
i seldom come back to my hometown now days as shes no longer here with us. but to visit her grave every raya is a real treat. owh how i miss her very much. to my dearest Grandma (Bibi Salmah), thanks for all the memories and also for you wittiness. still can remember you simple giggle and such. Al Fatihah.

but it was nice to go back this time around, no "cold wars", no quarrel, just raya... tho did went back earlier (2nd day raya) but did my part and was there when it matters most. did manage to Skype with Ashyu (Aunty) in Helsinki. she was there together with Kak Zani (cousin). so they were kinda sad as didnt got the chance to come back and celebrate with us. yeah, we can feel that as well.



Raya in epoh was awsome, good food, great people, screaming cold weather (i was literally on socks and snow cap okkk...!) and tons of childhood memories... tho i was raise up here, but its nice to be back.




that night, Tok Wan bought us dinner. There's this Thai dinner place call Kosamui. (yeah just like the place in Thailand). thats how bigg 3/4 of the family that was with us. and my bro was the one taking the picture. we missing around 8 more trooper.

selamat hari raya peeps... maaf zahir batin if any of my wrong doing or my words in this blog and such did disturb you in one way or another. im just human with feeling, and i dont mind saying it out. take care and go easy with the Lemang and rendang ok....!


No comments: